Thursday, June 14, 2007

HELP ME "MAKE-UP"

So what's the fuss with the make-up? I've been asking myself this question for the past days in desperation that I can't seem to decide whether to hire a make-up artist on "d" day or go with my original idea to have my good friend Japs do my make-up. And even though I've been grounded by my fiance (yes, John can do that, coz I just don't stop) for 1 week from thinking and dealing with wedding details, I still wake up and spend my day thinking what colors of eye shadow might look good on my face. Sorry be! I just can't stop!

It's good that I'm through with "what wedding gown design would fit me" phase. Thanks to a book I browsed in Fully Booked, Mall of Asia. I finally realized and
accepted that an empire cut would be perfect on me coz it will create an illusion that I have a bigger front and will hide all my "bilbil." Now my choices are down to 2, and those are actually my first choices. So I guess there's some truth in the saying "your first choice is always the best choice." Or something like that.

So to get my sanity back, allow me to share to you some details that have been driving me crazy.

So far, I have gotten in touch with 3 make-up artists:

1.) Joan Comson. Can't exactly remember if she's the one I met before or her partner, Loren, when I previously worked for Blast in Tomas Morato. They're giving out 15% discount for those who will book for 5 heads, bride included. Amount total is 9k+, meaning I have to spend 5k for my own, then 1k for the other 4. Medyo reasonable coz if I buy my own make-up, aabot din ng 5k yung total! And I'm going to ask those 4 to pay for their own. Hehe. But that promo is only until this month.

2.) A certain "Arnold" recommended to me by my friend Anna Rae. I heard he's really good kasi pinag-aaralan nyang maigi yung mukha ng me-make-up-an nya. Sa pakiusapan, I can get him for 8k+ for 3 heads.

3.) Joan Dacio. 7,5k for package of 3 also.


Thinking about the look I want on our day, naiisip ko lang that I don't want pink
or red on my face. I'm leaning more towards the bronze, golden brown, and orange hues. My best friend Kate told me the "Latina look" will fit me. Though I'm not really morena, pero kayumanggi talaga ako kahit ilang buwan na kong gumagamit ng whitening soap, I kinda find her suggestion reasonable.



Japs suggested that I look for pictures na pwede namin paggayahan ng make-up. So I thought of l
ocal artists na medyo ka-complexion ko, kahit di ko kasing-ganda. Haha! And here they are. I just hope I find the right kind of make-up to look this good. Hehehe.



2 comments:

jen said...

i suggest, you hire a make-up artist for your big day. kasi expert sila dun. and remember na what you look on that day will be forver since you will have tons of photos nun.

you can have a test make-up naman prior to your wedding. they normally charge 1k-2k for that yata. :)

mrs.h. said...

Actually, nakalimutan kong i-mention na the reasons why I'm letting my friend do my make-up are: 1.) When she first did my make-up, it was also the first time john liked me wearing make-up. That's why she has my trust. 2.) Di pa ko na-impress dun sa 2 na-contact ko na artists. Di ko nakita sa kanila yung look na gusto ko. Trial would help but I'm not comfortable to spend that much. 3.) Mas exciting yata to go make-up shopping. Akin pa yung make-up kahit na mag-spend ako! Hehe.