Thursday, May 24, 2007

I WENT TO A COFFEE EXPO & BOUGHT A WEDDING MAG

I'm back to being a barista for today and tomorrow. Cordillera Coffee asked me to help them out with the Coffee Expo at PTTC along Roxas Blvd. I have nothing planned out today, except watch American Idol finale replay later at 10pm, and so i agreed. Cash din yun no! Hehe.

One of the exhibitors is Manila Bulletin. Coffee expo ito diba, pero nandun sila. They had a rack of magazines which they are selling. Syempre anong napansin ko? The lastest issue of Wedding Essentials. I asked if it's on sale, but no, it's still for the regular price of P250. I asked Leah before kung gusto nyang bumili kami, hati na lang sa bayad, e ang mahal daw. And so I considered spending P250 all on my own on a magazine that says "it's the thickest issue ever," "know your color," (for those confused which motif to choose for their wedding), and "mounique lhuillier's latest creations." I told myself i need to know first how much I'm getting for the raket.

But I saw another mag at the bottom part of the rack, also by Wedding Essentials, "Beautiful Weddings 2006." Only for P120. Salamat, may choice! The manong was kind enough to let me browse through it. Smaller mag, smaller pics, all stories of different weddings. I thought to myself, "boring." I'm not a fan of reading wedding details (blogging about my own wedding details is a different story), not much, but I love looking at pictures! But my interest was caught by pics of a wedding which used the same shades I want for my own - lavander and chartreuse (read as green). Finally, I had the chance to see what shades of purple and green would be right to appear good on pics! Yung iba kasing shades of purple, parang pam-patay na. So I thought, "I'll buy this mag." I told manong, "Sige po, pa-reserve na lang nito, kunin ko mamya."

But wait! The thickest mag might be good too! It's the thickest! Hehe. So I went back to manong and asked, "Baka po pwedeng mabuksan ko rin to para lang alam ko kung worth sya ng P250." My charms worked, and so manong said okay. True enough, it can help you decide what color to choose as your wedding's motif. It has lots of pictures of stuff in color purple (or lavander, whatever), which made it harder for me to decide. I mean I need to know what purple flowers will look good, and which are actually available here, and which stuff can be added to our simple design. But hey, pang-gulo lang to e! You'll need to take a test, as usual, to know which color will suit you. E ayoko nang maguluhan! I've decided that lavender and green are the colors I want, and that's it, even if it'l be kinda weird coz we're having the wedding on the month when red, green, gold, silver and blue (and some hot colors), are the famous ones. And John's okay with the colors. He also doesn't want anything else, surprisingly. The deciding factor was Lhuillier's pages of collection. Nothing really impressed me. She's good but I chose to stick with the design my best friend sent me. Ayoko na rin masyadong mamili pa! Sobrang daming choices, napapagod din naman akong mag-isip at mamili. I just need to know which will work.

So i finally bought the P120 mag. I even asked manong, "100 na lang." He said, "Sige na nga, abonohan ko na lang yung P20." I insisted to pay for the whole amount, pero binalik nya sa kin e. Yes bebe, manong magnet talaga ko. Hahaha!!!

I was glad to find out the mag was worth my P100, even P120. All stories tell of how each couple made their wedding uniquely their own. Minsan kasi naiisip ko sobrang simple naman yata ng magiging wedding ko. Minsan lang ako ikakasal! I wish I can do more! Yet I was actually okay to have it however it may turn out to be, basta maayos lang, basta maikasal. Only to realize, yes, we can do more, even without splurging too much on the details. I just need to let out my creative juices. And yes, I have my ideas na. Same old ideas na parang tinamad lang akong ayusin. Hehe.

And I still believe what's important is that we'll both be there ready to say yes to a lifetime commitment to each another. Cliche, but it's reeaally true. Months of preparation will mean nothing if we won't know what we'll face after a one day event. The thought of it scares me.

But thanks to marriage counseling, which we started with last Tuesday. Now that should be a different post.

2 comments:

wrigley said...

hi kaligz,

God bless sa preps! wag mastress ha. you guys will do fine. tama yung sina bi mo. the 'i do' part is what's really unnerving. so breeze through the preps. i did. :)

mrs.h. said...

hey ate wrigz! thanks! =) hihi. save the date! we'll text u when. ayoko naman i-announce dito. hehe. hi to kuya glenn and mickey!