Saturday, May 26, 2007

WHAT WE'VE ACCOMPLISHED TODAY

1.) We went to Shoppersville Katipunan and checked for ourselves if we can actually get our wedding cake from their bakeshoppe. They can do what we want - all chocolate cake with a cute drawing of ourselves (smiley faces lang, like what I usually draw on paper). Price is reasonable, considering that we want 9 round cakes, so we can have 1 per table for the guests, and a bigger version for us. Hehe. The lady (john: weird name... glessa...) who entertained us was nice enough to allow us to have a free taste. The way they have their chocolate cake is with yema filling. Still good but we asked if ours can be all chocolate - pati filling of course. It can be done naman daw, basta i-specify lang namin kasi December pa naman kami. She just warned us that they might increase their prices come July. We can place our order by November, with 50% downpayment. They can't deliver the cakes to Intramuros, ang layo daw kasi, so we'll have to see how we can pick it up from there. Hassle, but still good.

2.) John did not agree with the game I had in mind for our "single" friends who will be attending the wedding. Sobrang excited pa naman ako! If you know the game "Pupunta ko sa concert (ofcors, sa wedding dapat), magdadala ko ng...", yun! I finally figured out how it goes, and now that I can play it in my wedding so I can make fun of our friends, di rin pala. Hehe. John would just like to be able to do table hopping, yung for real, meaning to be able to chit-chat with the guests, and no games. Di naman daw kasi magpa-participate yung mga tao. I just like to do away with the usual bouquet and garter toss. Okay lang coz he agreed with my other idea. It's still going to be fun, hopefully.

3.) Now this is the highlight of the day. We love jazz. I may not know a lot about it but I like listening to it, lalo na pag live performances and with friends. We went to a jazz fest in Rockwell last night with Ida, Ailene, Melvin and Abe (because he had to wait for Timmy), and found myself dreaming about Cookie Chua or Mon David singing in our wedding. For either of them, di na lang kami maghahanda sa kasal. Wehehe. I gave up on that idea long ago, but I kinda felt John is still hopeful about having a jazz band in the wedding. So on our way to church practice earlier, we talked about it and thought of 2 artists whom we can easily get in contact with through jazz-addict friends. I'm not going to mention any names since nothing is final yet. But the thought of it excites us!!! Oooh, that would be really good. Sana lang what we have in mind for their TF is ebough, at di pa sila booked on that day. Waaahh, this is exciting!!!

No comments: